Monday, June 2, 2014

Am I Legit Yet?

As project comes to a close, I realize that I have been given an incredible experience that not many high school students receive.  Being able to stand right next to the operating table while a surgery is going on is a sight and feeling that I hope I get to experience for the rest of my life.  That being said, I hope I'm not standing next to the table for the extended future...because that's boring. So boring. Now that I'm over the initial amazement of being in the OR and rushing around with surgeons and wearing scrubs like a boss, it comes to my attention that I stand for 8 hours a day watching people do what I want to do.  It makes me envious, irritated and bored at the same time.  I love being in the OR, don't get me wrong, but 3 weeks is a long time to stand around.  I want to do what they're doing but obviously for the sake of Cleveland, they don't let me operate on patients.

Looking at the bigger picture, this has showed me that I want to become some kind of surgeon, very badly.  It serves as a large motivational push to strive in college so I may go to med-school and succeed in the medical profession.  3 weeks is long for a project like mine but it's an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment